Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Starting Over :)

I have got 6950 words written so far of my story, I have had trouble finding myself inspired to write with the full University work load.

I have decided not to be stress and not to set myself goals that are unachievable - So my new plan of attack is to write a minimum of 500 words a day, anything over that is just gravy..

If I can stick to this routine then I would be finished by the end of next month. But I have decided that I am going to be all mature and not send it straight off to a publisher expecting instant success LOL

Instead I am going to leave it, sitting there in my files and start on another book. I have a different series that I want to write. I will finish that short story and then go back to the first book and do a complete re-edit and re-write. I know that this will make the story much more better for when I do submit it.

I have chose to submit it to Changeling Press. I think it fits what they are looking for. On their submission page they ask for stories that think outside the box, that Smash the Box.

I think it is safe to say that my story is outrageous enough to fit with them. But I don't want it so unusual that it is super unrealistic. Its a fine line that I have to ride, so the story doesn't sound silly.

I am off to update my diary. I have found keeping a Journal and physically writing in it about my whole process really helps.

good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment